Thursday, March 22, 2012

If we didn't have Google to kick around, I'd have to create it

Well, Google's back in the news, although this is more about the Puzzle Palace (NSA pressed to reveal details on Google deal following Chinese attack).

At this point, Google is still battling Amazon for the top slot on my list of companies I love to hate. Remember when the world hated Microsoft because of its dominance in desktop computing and LANs? They look absolutly altruistic when compared to the undisguised rapacious behavior of Google and Amazon. For a long time I hated Barnes & Noble for putting independent, especially technical, bookstores out of business in the 1990s. Now, I'm praying for its survival under the offensive launched by Amazon on the entire book publishing industry. I still hate Walmart for its business and labor practices, and pioneering the decline of American manufacturing. Channeling this disgust at the "be evil" company and Amazon is cathartic, though, even though I'm spinning my wheels.

What's this go to do with information security? Not much. But it was cathartic.

No comments:

Post a Comment