Friday, March 2, 2012

Google Privacy Changes: 6 Steps To Take, or 1

I really like step 6, which is live in a cave. If you don't want to get off the grid, the next easiest way to escape Google is to not use it, disable cookies, and use one of the many excellent alternative search engines.

"Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me."

The real problem here is how deeply we've let Google insinuate itself into our lives. I have to admit, I use Blogger, a Google product, for this blog. I use Google Analytics for Web site analysis. I've undoubtedly shared photos using Picasa, and I'm certain none were embarrassing. It's hard to beat free and good and available, and I'm sure there are equally good alternatives that are slightly less intrusive but I haven't found them. So, it's shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment