Monday, January 30, 2012

BYOD, BYOT, IT Consumerization: A Burning Issue

I've been beating the bushes looking for someone to pen a book on BYOD, without success.

Sometimes I think I have a hard time separating media and conference hype--the need to cover something and create some level of FUD--and reality, or what people in the trenches think. Frequently, media-generated FUD is backed up by survey data, which may or may be valid, fueling the fire.

So, not I ask, "Is BYOD, BYOT, IT consumerization, or whatever you call it really a burning issue?

2 comments:

  1. I can't find any books that deal directly with BYOD(or BYOTech) yet- I need it for a Masters thesis lit review. There are a lot of web documents available tho'. I guess I'll include Social media usage in corporates - to pad out the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New book on BYOD

    Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) Survival Guide
    http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466565036

    ReplyDelete